The Brain Injury Association of California is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and chartered state affiliate of the Brain Injury Association of America.
Our mission is to be the voice of brain injury by advocating for awareness, research, treatment, education and resources that improve the quality of life for all Californians living with brain injury.
Reducing disability and maximizing quality of life for every Californian affected by brain injury.
Adopted at the Brain Injury Association of America’s Board of Directors Meeting on February 7, 1999 (Reaffirmed 2001)
- Value and respect the dignity and worth of all people in a true spirit of inclusion.
- Support individual choices.
- People with brain injury should have opportunities to be full participating members of their community.
- Recognize and support the needs of individual’s families and their circle(s) of support.
- Provide rapid, relevant and accessible information.
- Promote excellence, quality and best practices in all fields.
- Support prevention opportunities through research, education and public awareness.
- Address complex and controversial thorny issues.
- Promote progressive public policy.
- Respond to issues with integrity and courage.